Friday 21 September 2012

Eeek 3 Days to go!!! I have joined the RCN and received my pin badge yesterday which I will wear with pride :)

I know it sounds silly considering I am a 36 year old mum of 3, but I have been fretting about 'The Outfit', you know, for the first day at university.  I am large you see, and me and fashionable clothes don't go very well! So, for my first day I shall be wearing a dress (bargain at £10!) complete with a little cardi and flat shoes, and my bargain bag from Tesco as I haven't been able to afford my beloved CK bag yet!!

I went online and was looking at the uni blackboard, and what should I find? OUR FIRST MODULE!!!! Arrgghh!! very excited, apprehensive, scared..............!! So, I have printed it off and already downloaded 4 journal articles that are recommended reading! Yay, for my Nursing Standard subscription, which I imagine will be an excellent resource throughout my 3 years.  In fact, it was a valuable resource for when I was doing my Access Project - which was entitled: 'Evaluate the introduction of mealtime volunteers in a hospital setting to prevent malnutrition amongst the elderly.'

I chose this because of an article I read in NS, and it is part of the CARE campaign.  I was overjoyed with my results, not so much the grades but the feedback I received from my lovely tutor.  I had hit a wall whilst doing this project, overwhelmed by the sheer volume of research I had collected.  But my tutor got me through it and I am truly thankful for that.

I am so glad I used the topic I did, as in my final year project we have to look at ways to improve care etc, and this would be ideal (although no doubt there will be mannnnyyyyy topics I would like to do!).

So, I am off to Marksies in a bit to see if they have jeans that will fit!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,
    I'm starting my nursing degree this upcoming fall and am totally nervous about papers that I have to write (I have to write a 15 page in my first semester, yikes). Just wanted to say I like your blog and woot, go nursing!! :):)

    ReplyDelete